Status

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Gaming Addiction! FF6

The earliest memory I have is playing Final Fantasy I, and Mario Bros. Although is not much of a memory to be honest ... glimpse and pieces really ... My real concrete memory of gaming came more from Super Mario Bros (the one with the flying cape) and Final Fantasy III(the actual VI).

I have to say that FF6 it's still one of my favorite games! I don't remember how many times I played that game ... and I wasn't even good at English back then so I probably didn't even understand everything ...

I've been waiting for that release on the DS, like many FF games are now coming to the DS remade. But to no avail ...

So I got the gba version and played it a few months ago ... God the graphics suck, but this is a game that came for the Super Nintendo!! Back then it was awesome!

I have to say, I still enjoyed the game fully, the story is compelling and rich, and I was reminded of when I was a small boy playing the game for hours on end ...

1 comment:

  1. Wow, FF6, good times. Even after all this time, I feel those were the games that I keep coming back to. Sure, next-gen games are fun but I feel sometimes they're so flashy and time-consuming that you lose something in the process.
    I always find myself humming tunes from classic games, remembering fond details of some part of the game's storyline, waking up before sunrise to open my Christmas gifts and start playing the latest Mega Man game and slamming the control on the ground whenever I got killed, and the list goes on. Sure, maybe it's all part of growing up; maybe the gaming market is over-saturated with games and people are forced to move from one game to the next just to keep up. But I always get urges to go back to these games, even though I've played them a million times. Now that's getting my money's worth. :D
    Anyway, back to FF6, I'm hoping for a remake one of these days as well. Another classic from those days was Lufia 2, which is getting completely remade for the DS from what used to be an RPG to an action adventure game, and I must say I'm very excited about it. Awesome game and soundtrack to go with it. If you get the chance, give it a try. Here's a short trailer from the remake. Keep your fingers crossed for FF6. :D

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb6LY78Gr4Q

    ReplyDelete